Thursday, March 10, 2011

Doing Something I Will Totally Hate


I remember back during my freshman year in high school, our Homecoming Dance was around the corner. Being a freshman and not knowing anything about high school dances, I became interested in attending the dance. Then, the venue was revealed “Excalibur” night club. My first thought was that I would totally hate the dance. Why? Because it was at a club. I did not think that I would fit in with the “club life”.


After all, as you can recall to my previous blog, one of my guilty pleasures is listening to Blues Music. I don't know any of that rap and hip hop stuff. If I don't know it, then I know I certainly can't dance to it either! These thoughts would come after I purchased the tickets for the Homecoming Dance. I knew this wasn't going to be any fun. In fact to top it all, I did not have a date. Although, at my high school, no one really worried about having a date got Homecoming. It was not nearly as crucial as if you were a senior going to prom.


As I walked into the door of Excalibur, I was greeted by some school officials. They were checking our school ID's. In a way, this served as preparation for the real life when some of us actually start clubbing. Then as I proceeded into the main area, I noticed that it was very cold. The air conditioning was powerful, almost too powerful. As the night wore on, the club became packed and the majority of the students proceeded to the dance floor, including myself. I began dancing to songs I thought I didn't know, but somehow had heard once before. Everyone was dancing, laughing and having a really good time. I danced with a variety of people and had a really fun time. For something I thought I would hate, it actually turned out to be a lot of fun.


No comments: